.NET is both a business strategy from Microsoft and its collection of programming support for what are known as Web services, the ability to use the Web rather than your own computer for various services. Microsoft's goal is to provide individual and business users with a seamlessly interoperable and Web-enabled interface for applications and computing devices and to make computing activities increasingly Web browser-oriented. The .NET platform includes servers; building-block services, such as Web-based data storage; and device software. It also includes Passport, Microsoft's fill-in-the-form-only-once identity verification service.
The .NET platform is expected to provide:
* The ability to make the entire range of computing devices work together and to have user information automatically updated and synchronized on all of them
* Increased interactive capability for Web sites, enabled by greater use of XML (Extensible Markup Language) rather than HTML
* A premium online subscription service, that will feature customized access and delivery of products and services to the user from a central starting point for the management of various applications, such as e-mail, for example, or software, such as Office .NET
* Centralized data storage, which will increase efficiency and ease of access to information, as well as synchronization of information among users and devices
* The ability to integrate various communications media, such as e-mail, faxes, and telephones
* For developers, the ability to create reusable modules, which should increase productivity and reduce the number of programming errors
According to Bill Gates, Microsoft expects that .NET will have as significant an effect on the computing world as the introduction of Windows. One concern being voiced is that although .NET's services will be accessible through any browser, they are likely to function more fully on products designed to work with.NET code.
The full release of .NET is expected to take several years to complete, with intermittent releases of products such as a personal security service and new versions of Windows and Office that implement the .NET strategy coming on the market separately. Visual Studio .NET is a development environment that is now available. Windows XP supports certain .NET capabilities.
.NET既是微软公司的商业策略，也是对称作为Web Services的编程支持的集合，所谓Web Services是利用Web而不是你自己的计算机进行各种服务的能力。微软的目标是向个人和商业用户提供用于应用程序和计算设备的无缝互用和Web实现的界面，以及使计算活动更多地面向Web浏览器。.NET平台包括服务器和基本构件服务（如基于Web的数据存储和设备软件）。它也包括了微软的Passport一次性填表身份验证服务。
.NET的全部推出可能要花几年的时间，其间断断续续会有产品推出，如实施.NET策略的个人安全服务、Windows新版本，以及Office会陆续上市。提供开发环境的Visual Studio.NET现在已能买到，Windows XP也支持某些.NET的功能。
|网站首页 关于希赛 工作机会 服务协议 免责声明 联系希赛
希赛网 版权所有 © 2001-2017 湘ICP备10203241号-9