No less obvious is the fact there are great numbers of people so constituted or so brought up that they cannot get so much pleasure out of processes and experiences resulting in a poorer life less full of meaning.
I can not say of myself what Johnson said of Pope: He never passed a fault unamended by indifference, nor quitted it by despair. I do not write as I do; I write as I can.
It is a valuable work. I do not think anyone writes so well that he cannot learn much from it.
62. "to have not…(as) to see…"中的不定式也有否定意味。
He had not the good breeding to see that simplicity and naturalness are the truest marks of distinction.
63. "It occurred to sb. that…"意为"突然想到"，"It dawned on sb.that…"."突然想起"等。 从句是想起的内容。
I remember once being on a bus and looking at a stranger. He suddenly looked back at me-i.e.our eyes met. My instinctive reaction was to avert my gaze. It occurred to me that if I had continued to maintain eye contact, I would have been rude and aggressive.
64. "It follows that…"="It happens as a result…"常常被译为"由此可见"，"因此"，"从前"，"可以推断"等等。
It follows that the housewife will also expect to be able to have more leisure in her life without lowering her standard of living. It also follows that human domestic servants will have completely ceased to exist.
65. "that's all there is to it "，意思是"也不过如此而已"。可根据上下文视情况处理。
If I'm touched, I'm touched-that's all there is to it.
66. "The chances are that…"是一句型，译为"有可能……"。
The chances are you will never attempt that speed with poetry or want to race though some passages in fiction over which you wish to linger.
67. Feel, see, leave引起宾语的宾语补足语，或在被动语态中引起主语补足语的某些惯用句型，有时see和feel这两个词的被动式不大好译。遇到这种情况应挖掘其深层含义，不要拘泥于表面形式。
The education of the young is seen to be of primary importance.
|网站首页 关于希赛 工作机会 服务协议 免责声明 联系希赛
希赛网 版权所有 © 2001-2017 湘ICP备10203241号-9